Join Dr. Theo Versteegh to explore the impact of higher dynamic neck strength on reduced concussion risk. In this video, Theo dives into a revolutionary concept in concussion mitigation: Rate of Force Development (RFD). Learn how increasing mutli-planar (all 3 planes of motion) RFD in the neck enables an active approach to concussion risk reduction.
Evaluating the Effects of a Novel Neuromuscular Neck Training Device on Multi-planar Static and Dynamic Neck Strength: A Pilot Study. Journal of Strength and Conditioning research. Link.
- EMG (Electromyography – a way to measure muscle activity) changes before and after training on the TopSpin360 in healthy adults.
- Effects of training on the TopSpin360 on static and dynamic neck strength, neck strength balance and 40 yard dash performance in female varsity athletes (women’s soccer and rugby). Link
- Examining the use of the TopSpin360 for the treatment and rehabilitation of sport related concussion in adolescents and young adults with prolonged symptoms (>28 days) and cervicogenic symptoms (neck pain). Link.
- 20 university level high-concussion risk football players (starters from high risk positions) trained on the TopSpin360 during the pre-season, ZERO experienced a concussion the following season (given risk profile, expected number was 3-5 concussions)
- University women’s volleyball team went from 7 concussions in 2018 to ZERO in 2019 after implementing TopSpin360 training during the off-season
- University women’s soccer team went from an average of 3-8 concussions per year to ZERO following implementation of TopSpin360 training during the off-season